Recipe: TOFU PAD THAI by Mena Massoud
- 1 Block Extra Firm Tofu cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1.5 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Tamari Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 Tamari Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp Smooth All-Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Pound dried Brown Rice Thai Noodles
- 1 Medium Shallot, thinly sliced.
- 2 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Jalapeño Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Scallion, chopped
- 1/8 Dry Roasted Peanuts, crushed.
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Lime wedges
- Bean Sprouts
DIRECTIONS - TOFU
1. Add Cubes of Tofu, Nutritional Yeast, Garlic Powder, Coconut Oil, Tamari Sauce and salt & pepper to bowl and mix well.
2. Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees, add tofu to silicon baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes. Flip tofu halfway through.
DIRECTIONS – PEANUT TAMARI SAUCE
1. Add all ingredients and whisk.
DIRECTIONS - PAD THAI
1. Boil water and add noodles until cooked al dente.
2. Heat frying pan with oil and add shallots, garlic, and jalapeño, salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until soft. Add red pepper, carrots and cook until you have a light fry.
3. Add Noodles, and sauce. Mix well.
4. Top Noodles with tofu, sliced scallion, cilantro, crushed peanuts, lime wedges, bean sprouts, and serve.
As seen on Home & Family, click here to watch the segment.
Photo courtesy of Hallmark Channel.